Installing a deck can completely transform your backyard. Decks create a beautiful, functional outdoor space which can help make the most out of those long summer days and nights where you can enjoy a good book, spend time with family, host a barbeque party or simply have a good time with friends among other things.
If you are looking to install a new deck, you might be wondering: “how to find the best deck building services near me?”
To make the most of your investment, it’s crucial to hire the right deck builder to bring your dream deck to life. The process of choosing a deck builder is not as simple as getting a quote for deck installation. However, things can be a lot easier if you do the necessary legwork and homework ahead of time.
If you are looking to build a high-quality deck that can stand the test of time, you must choose a professional deck builder, like Get Decked! We are a family-owned business with over 38 years of experience in custom decking.
We know what it takes to build a high-quality deck at the right price and pride ourselves on treating each project like our own, no matter the size of your project as we are all inclusive!
While pricing is important, there are several things to consider when choosing a deck builder. Be sure to consider the following best practices to ensure you are choosing the right professional.
How to Find Deck Building Services Near Me: Step 1 – Google Search
So, let’s begin to answer your question: “how to find the best deck building services near me?”
Google or Bing is a great place to begin your search. Follow these steps:
- Begin by typing “deck building services near me” in Google search.
- Refine your search by adding your location to the search. For example, “deck building services near me in Chester County PA” or “deck builder in Chester County PA.”
- To find the most reliable and experienced local deck builders in your area, start by visiting the websites of companies listed in search results. Check out their “About” section to learn more about the company and their level of experience. It’s also important to explore their portfolio, case studies, and testimonials to get a sense of their work and reputation. This will help you narrow down your list and find the deck builder who is right for your project.
- Compile a list of companies you want to get in touch with for a deck quote. Create a list with details such as company name, website URL, phone number, email address, etc.
- Now send these companies an email requesting deck quotes.
How to Find Deck Building Services Near Me: Step 2 – Wait and Watch
Once you’ve emailed a quote request to the companies you like, it’s time to wait for them to get back to you. Give them up to 48 hours to respond to your query. If a deck builder doesn’t get back to you in more than 48 hours, they are probably not the best company to work with as your project may not be a high priority.
Why is that important?
Think of it this way: if the company takes its own sweet time to respond to a simple quote request, how long would it take them to complete your project after they’ve taken your money?
These are deck companies you want to avoid. You want to work with a deck company that’s genuinely interested in your business and shows the necessary enthusiasm and commitment.
Once you begin receiving responses, it’s time to schedule an on-site deck consultation.
Here at Get Decked, we are committed to providing an exceptional experience to our customers from start to finish. We will respond to your email within 24 hours of receiving it –that’s our commitment! Once we receive your request, a member from the Get Decked team will call you, and then Mike the owner will personally meet with you to accurately quote your project on the spot. At Get Decked, we’re not made up of salespeople, only passionate deck experts dedicated to ensuring your complete satisfaction!
How to Find Deck Building Services Near Me: Step 3 – Assess the Custom Decking Companies
The next step is to assess the company and narrow down your list of deck companies.
Your deck is an investment, and it’s important it is completed right the first time. When done right, your deck will last for years. However, a poorly built deck can cost you a lot more money in repairs in the long run.
Whether you are looking for a deck builder in Chester County PA, Montgomery County PA, New Castle County DE or Kent County DE, it’s important to evaluate the deck builders on an array of aspects before you can choose the right one.
Here’s a list of important questions to ask your potential decking company:
- Are you licensed in deck building? Be sure to ask for copies of their business license and contractor license.
- How much experience do you have in deck building?
- Can you show me your portfolio of completed projects? Be sure to ask for a list of addresses and phone numbers from local references to ensure the credibility of your contractor.
- Do you have an in-house team?
- Are you insured and bonded?
- What’s your average turnaround for a decking project?
- Is this an all-inclusive quote? Or should I expect any other expenses along the way?
- Ask if the contractor will obtain the permits for you? If they can’t, that is a big red flag!
- What kind of materials do you use or recommend?
- Will you assign a supervisor or project manager for the deck project? If not, how do the inspections take place?
At Get Decked, our philosophy is centered around building trust with our clients by providing exceptional service and top-notch workmanship. To ensure the highest level of quality, we handle all aspects of the project in-house and don’t rely on any subcontractors. Even better, we don’t ask for any money down to start the project! We will work with you to make sure you get the deck of your dreams.
How to Find Deck Building Services Near Me: Step 4 – Choose a Deck Builder That Matches Your Vision
When it comes to finding the right deck builder near you, experience and capabilities are some of the most important factors to consider along with their reputation and credibility. You’ll also want to choose a deck builder who listens to your ideas, understands your vision, and is willing to collaborate with you throughout the project.
By now, you would have assessed at least three deck companies. After receiving several official deck quotes, it’s important to compare them on various aspects and choose a deck builder who you trust to bring your ideal backyard deck to life. But remember, chemistry is everything! It’s important to choose a deck builder who you feel comfortable working with and who understands your vision.
Stop Searching for “Deck Building Services Near Me” and Contact Get Decked Today!
Your search for a reliable and professional deck builder ends here at Get Decked. We have been building decks since 1985 and know what it takes to build you the deck of your dreams at the right price.
We specialize in building Azek decks, a low-maintenance decking material that’s backed by an amazing 50-year manufacturer warranty.
Contact us today for a free deck estimate!